Saturday, November 17, 2007

Qooxdoo - Web Framework

I Spent couple of days to explore about the open source qooxdoo framework. Firstly, I thought why do they keep the weird name for the framework?...
Their official site has lot of demos. Among all, The showcase demo is quite comprehensive demo to look at all the widgets provided by the framework. I like the look and feel. It is not flashy... but it looks good.
The framework is javascript based framework. They have pretty good API reference for the framework. When I explored the API, I could correlate most of the classes to Java Swing classes.

If you still want to develop the web applications with the Java Swing skills, they provide the qooxdoo web toolkit.

I am not sure about the performance. I have to try developing some applications.

Overall, I liked this framework.

No comments: